From:
Steve Dresser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Dec 2014 09:55:28 -0500
Not true, Tom.  You don't need an invite to create your account.  To do
that, you go to the Dropbox Website, download and install the software, and
as part of that process you create your account.  The only time you need an
invite is, for example, if you and I want to share a Dropbox folder that
I've created, in which case I invite you to share the folder and you accept
the invitation.  If you create the folder, you would invite me, and I would
accept your invitation.

Steve