From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Nov 2008 22:48:04 -0700
Pat,

I'm working my way slowly, but surely, through the key menu structures and
eventually menu settings.  The Millennium QSYer that John builds makes it a
million times easier to operate but this radio does things I will never
learn because I'll never use that aspect of the radio itself.  The QSYer is
more than cool with it being able to trigger the voice synthesizer built
into the radio upon demand or to send CW to you for certain key functions
such as the frequency and the like.  Additionally the QSYer will allow you
to change modes, although that is less of a problem with the push button
keys on the face of the radio, but it is nice not to always be feeling
around and trying to find the right button to push.  Splitting the VFOes and
setting separate frequencies from the keypad is very helpful, too, and can
be done quickly.

Phil.
K0NX