From:
Kevin Minor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Apr 2011 18:39:05 -0400
Hi.

I haven't managed a repeater before, but I have had a packet BBS and I
currently have an EchoLink setup that's tuned to our local skywarn repeater.
The EchoLink setup works great.  What helps me out is I have a Kenwood
TM-V71A, which is specificly designed to work with EchoLink in sysop mode.

I'll admit I'm an appliance operator.  If I can plug in components to do
what I want I'm safe.  Doing soldering or circuit design is another story,
but I don't see why this would be difficult, plus once you have things set
up it shouldn't be hard to keep things maintained.

If you have any questions let me know.  Oh yeah, I've also done crossband
work, and I did link two repeaters to each other, and they cycled between
each other for about three hours.  I learned a valuable lesson from that.

Have a good Easter, or whatever you like to call it.

GO REDS!
Kevin Minor, Lexington, KY