From:
Gary Lee <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 27 Jul 2008 19:38:21 -0400
Keven and others:

I have used my k3 now for about three months.
Elecraft is planning speech output as part of the kdvr3 voice keyer and
digital recorder.
Not sure when this will happen, but I will send another email to Elecraft
this evening.

I have the krc2 with accessibility firmware connected to my k3, and it at
least reads the frequency in cw.
It also reads the vfo b screen which is the choice within the menu.
However, that is no help if you don't know what menu you are in.

Kevin,  Just curious, what you want in your k3 to cost $3,000.  One thing to
remember is that you can start with some things and add as you go on.

There are a few setup glitches I would like to fix when speech comes along,
but for now, I have had no need to get into the menus after initial setup.

I will have to get in there once I install the 6 khz a.m. filter, but that
is not of huge importance at the moment.

If you have other questions, let me know and I'll try to anser them as well
as I can.

I agree it is frustrating about the access, but I trust that elecraft will
come through.  They did with the k2, and also the kx1.

At least they have publicly made the commitment.  The only other company who
has come close is kenwood.  Where are icom, tentech, and yaesu?

73