From:
Buddy Brannan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Nov 2016 21:20:31 -0500
That's because the Baofeng software is garbage.

Your TH-G71 cable won't work. It wants a Kenwood style HT cable. You can get one with an FTDI chip fro Baofeng Tech, and that will work great.

Chirp will work, if you're willing to use your JAWS cursor or mouse pointer and learn some hot keys. It will work even better if you're willing to learn to export to a CSV file and edit that in Excel, then import the CSV back into Chirp.

Your other option is to buy the package from RT Systems, which comes with the correct cable. It works great with NVDA and does not work great with anything else. It's also $49.95.

--
Buddy Brannan, KB5ELV - Erie, PA
Phone: 814-860-3194