From:
Eric Clegg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Dec 2014 04:47:41 -0800
Hi Angelo,
I have two of the Alex Grimberg magnetic loop antennas.

The more expensive one is made up of coax that forms the loop.

The less expensive one is made up of copper tubing.

Each one has a tuning box for matching the frequency resonance.

One other fellow on this list Gary Lee has the more expensive loop and has
been able to successfully tune it by ear.

I am planning to use that method and also inserting an MFJ 212 tune the
tuner box in between the loop and the rig.

Mfj says that this box can be used to tune a manual tuner and when  you have
a null in the signal that the box feeds to the rig you allegedly have a 1/1
swr.

You can read about the MFJ 212 box and the alex magnetic loops on reviews on
eham.

If you want to read about the Alex loops go to google and type in something
like Alex Walkham and this will take you to the eham reviews.

Alternatively I usually type in something like super antennas mp1 reviews.

When you get there choose the link that says portable antennas not mobile.

I'm hoping this system will work for me well in qrp mode.

73,

Eric
KU3I