From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Jan 2013 18:47:00 -0500
I make sure my connectors are tight once in a while, I can't say how often,
more an if I think about it thing or if something's drastically different
from the day before be it receive, SWR, what ever though luckily SWR is one
I only had go flakey on me once and a coax, naturally the hardest one to
change from the balun through the attic vent where I lived at the time, then
down in to the room and around the room, had gone bad. I'm not sure what
happened, replacing both connectors didn't work, nothing obvious I ended up
tossing the whole 40 foot run. Too much playing around with connectors can
make them go bad as well. Unfortunately I have a cat who likes to go over my
TS-2000, across the back of the desk to a window and I'm sure someday that
will cause something to go bad on me but hopefully not for a while. He did
unplug the power connector for my packet radio the other day though, not
good for a packet station people expect to be up 24/7 to be down for 10
hours but I made sure that wouldn't happen again.