From:
tom behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Oct 2010 20:33:45 -0400
Hi, folks.

Well, it has been a long day here, but I now have my Alpha Delta DXCC
multi-band dipole installed at the Michigan QTH.  You may recall that this
is the antenna that I used out in Colorado when we started the cross-country
blind ops net.

I am not sure if I'll make it to tomorrow's net, because I have a local crop
walk for hunger communications net to run tomorrow afternoon, but I will
definitely try to get in there if I get done with the activity sometime
around 4 p.m.

If I can't make it to the net tomorrow, I'd love to test the antenna with
some of you tomorrow evening, or perhaps sometime next week during the
evenings, if anyone would be interested.

The antenna works best on 40 through 10 meters, although I can get it to
work on 75 and 80 meters with a little bit of help from my Tentech 238
A manual tuner.

My Ameritron AL811H amp is also connected, although I have yet to tune it up
with this new antenna arrangement.

I still need to get my Carolina Windom Compact 160 up, which should help me
on 80 and 160 meters, but that will have to wait for another antenna work
opportunity sometime later in October.

I just thought I'd update everyone on the list, and would appreciate any
testing help anyone could provide.

73 from Tom Behler:  KB8TYJ, Big Rapids, MI