From:
"Alan R. Downing" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Aug 2013 17:50:56 -0700
The thing I didn't like about DX Engineering, was that they wouldn't
customize their products.  For example, I wanted to buy a 5KW DC 50 ohm to
25 ohm balun.  The catch was that I wanted it to have 7/16 DIN connectors,
instead of either UHF or type N connectors.  The sales person said that they
couldn't do that because they only re-sell products that are made by someone
else.  On the other hand, Array Solutions will put any kind of fitting on a
balun because they actually make it there.  I actually had them build me a
10KW DC balun with a male 7/16 DIN on the input side, and a female 7/16 DIN
on the output side.  DX Engineering couldn't do that.  So, I just decided
that I would give my balun business to Array Solutions because they will
build whatever I want, and their products are very high quality.  Someone
mentioned an antenna analyzer.  I wonder which one you ended up getting.  I
went thru that purchase too.  The one I settled on is called a VNA-2180, and
it is a very high quality piece of equipment.  It is a two port analyzer,
which means that it can handle filter testing in addition to the normal
antenna analysis that units like the MFJ-259 or 269 can do.  The price was
also very reasonable for the capability and quality of the unit.  If I
recall, it cost about $1400 with a nice case to carry it around in.

Best 73

Alan R. Downing
Phoenix, AZ