From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Aug 2013 16:39:25 -0600
Yep, Alan,

I've heard guys with long runs switch to hardline and they, too, could not
believe the increase in DB signals.  It all ain't cheep; that's for sure.  I
talked to a guy on 75 meters one night, years ago, who  got a satellite
tower free from the junkyard if he'd hall the 190 feet of tower away.  It
was in perfect shape.  He was running RG17 for like over 300 feet to a 2
element 80 meter beam.  I thought at the time if hardline still wouldn't
have been better for that long run even for the low frequency.  Shoot, I'd
take 700 feet of hardline if somebody gave it to me, too, haha but I'd
insist on the connecters for free, too, haha.

Phil.
K0NX