From:
"Howard, W A 9 Y B W" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Aug 2013 14:38:44 -0500
Kelvin,

The positive probe, the one with the little button on the side of the probe,
probably plugs in to the right side jack.  The little button causes the
meter to talk, so if it doesn't talk, switch to the other jack and try
again.

To measure a battery, set the function switch to DC volts and connect the
positive probe to the button end of the  battery and the negative probe to
the flat end of the battery, then push the little button on the side of the
positive probe and the meter should announce the voltage of the battery.

Until you know what position of the function switch is what, after you
choose a position, push the little button on the probe, with out being
connected to anything to determine what function you have selected.

If you apply very much voltage to the wrong function choice, you could, and
most likely damage the meter permanently.

I am not kidding!!

If it doesn't talk, then something is wrong.

73

Howard #3