From:
Butch Bussen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Sep 2015 07:31:51 -0700
What is this box you mentioned?  Yes, I played with eq settings.
Actually since this came up I put it on the air this morning and I must
retract my totally negative report, they say it doesn't sound bad on my
990.  Come to think of it, tests I ran were on the 590.  It doesn't have
quite the highs my turner does, but not nearly as narrow.  As I said, as
strange as it seems, 590 and 990 sound totally different on transmit
audio using same mimicrophones.  Another strange thing I found with the
590 is it is much more suseptable to rfi or rf getting into the transmit
audio than my 2000 was.

It depends on radio, voice and so forth.  The main attracion for me was
the extra function keys, has up down and 4 extra programable keys.  I
don't know if they would work on tmv-71 as the 71 uses rj45 and Kenwood
590 and so forth use standard 8 pin.
73
Butch
WA0VJR