From:
Kent Plemmons <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Aug 2013 19:38:56 -0400
Hi everybody,

How long is too long to run my rf ground to an earth ground?

I would like to put my hf rig in a room on the main floor of our house (not
a second story) but it would require running my rf ground about 18' to an
earth ground.  This room is heated in the winter and is comfortable.  The
other option I have is to put it in the basement which is not completely
underground and would take some amount of modification to make comfortable
in cold weather but I would only need to run my rf ground about 6' to an
earth ground.  I could relocate computer if necessary.  I don't want to get
all set up with antenna cabling etc. just to find out that I should have put
everything in the basement where there is a shorter ground.  Any of you have
similar problem?  Where would you locate?

Kent Plemmons somewhere in the Smoky Mountains of NC

Skype: kent.plemmons

Kk4fff