From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 Jan 2016 11:29:15 -0500
There are a lot more than 3. DMR, IDAS/NXDN, Yaesu's fusion, p25, DStar, and
probably a couple more out there those are just the most common. Around
where I am IDAS/NXDN is most popular and I think DMR is getting there. The
problem is the dmr folks act like they're superior and that's hurting it
around me. I do a little IDAS/NXDN but that's about it because one of the
clubs I belong to are the biggest movers and shakers around here in the
IDAS/NXDN growth. If it wasn't for that, I honestly don't think I'd have
ever spent the money. Some places I know DStar is most popular but fading,
there's a lot of fusion repeaters around me too but very few  people with
the radios to get on it. P25 is still there but rare and fading. I've heard
of a couple others but if they're in the amateur side of things or not, I
don't know, I know not around my way. Problem is, Icom and Kenwood are
teaming up on IDAS/NXDN but no one else is on board, DMR is mostly motorola
and hyterra or how ever you spell it, it's really a case of which one is
popular in your area for sure before you waste the money on a radio you
can't use the expensive digital side of.