From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Dec 2014 09:23:31 -0700
I would certainly seriously consider putting your resources towards a mobile
radio and power supply for sure.
And with a radio like the kenwood tm v71, you have cross band repeat
capability which would allow you to use your TH F6A around your residence
area and still get into and listen to the repeaters you want through the
mobile set up.
However, if resources are at a premium, the extra couple hundred it would
take to get a dual band mobile and a power supply may be out of the
question, so the amplifier would at least help out a bit.
That said, there are often people on this list with tm V71's for sale at a
reasonable price.

73
Colin, V A6BKX