From:
Date:
Sun, 20 Oct 2013 19:08:58 -0500
Some of you might recall this scenario. Several years ago an obnoxious ham
in Fort Worth, Texas was causing all kinds of problems. He was intentionally
creating QRM on local stations on 75; he  was knowingly and intentionally
creating serious TVI and RFI in the neighborhood. He was even coming through
people's intercoms. When people complained about it, he would get verbally
violent. To cut to the bottom line, since it seemed like the authorities
weren't going to take any action against the fellow, his coax mysteriously
got shorted, and that only took care of the problem for a short time. Then,
it wasn't long before he was back doing the same thing. So, next his tower
and antenna system mysteriously came crashing down in the middle of the
night. He was certain that one of his neighbors did it, and so, he got a
gun, went next door, and threatened the neighbor. The neighbor called the
police. As the police pulled up to the neighbor's house, they heard gun
shots and caught the crazy, obnoxious ham shooting out his neighbor's
windows. Finally, the police had what they needed to arrest the guy. This
was way back in the mid to late 1970's, and I think the story was even
published in one of the ham mags. Unfortunately, such ugly, obnoxious
behavior among hams isn't all that new, but I think it might be more
prevalent than it used to be.

Oh, in case you are wondering, I was living in Arlington, Texas at the time,
and was very active in the local ham club. The word went around ham circles
that a couple of hams were responsible for the dastardly deeds! I'm
certainly not advocating that way of resolving problems, but I'll have to
admit that I thought it was pretty funny and the obnoxious ham deserved
everything he got.

Ron, K8HSY