From:
Date:
Sat, 26 Oct 2013 08:57:23 -0500
If you are having problems with your talking thermostat, and if it is the
one that Harry Cohen sells at TalkingThermostats.com, then, I urge that you
contact Harry to let him know the problem you are having. If it is his
device, he'll take care of it. However, there was another line of talking
thermostats on the market for a while that were sold by some of our major
product suppliers, e.g. Independent Living Aids and Maxiaids that had
problems like those you are describing, and that line of talking thermostats
are no longer available as far as I know.

I have had Harry Cohen's talking thermostats for years with absolutely no
problems. Yes, they alert me to when the batteries are getting low and need
to be changed, but changing out the batteries solves that, which it should.
They also alert me to when it is time to change my air filters too, which I
do, but I hear that only when I press the lower left button that gives me
the current room temperature. I have a central gas heat and air conditioning
system in my Bowling Green house with one of Harry Cohen's Talking
Thermostats controlling it, and I've had that thermostat now for probably at
least 12 or 15 years with no problems. Then, I have a dual heat pump heating
and air conditioning system here at my lake house with one of Harry's
Talking Thermostats controlling the upper level's system and another
controlling the middle level's system, and I've had both of them for about 3
years now; again, with absolutely no problems. It requires a different type
of thermostat unit to control the different types of heating and air
conditioning systems. I would not hesitate one nanosecond to purchase
another one if I needed it.

For the record, I have absolutely no connection or association with Harry
except as a customer of his, and since he is also a ham, he and I have
talked about ham radio a couple of times when I've seen him at one of the
blind products exhibits.

Ron, K8HSY