From:
"Dan B Dyer Jr,/Danny" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Jan 2011 19:45:48 -0500
Hi Don, I've downloaded the Echolink App,to my 3rd Gen Ipod Touch with Ios4,
and hope, maybe tomorrow, to get things set up with the Echolink folks in
terms of the legal checks and balances.
This'll be my first venture into echolink, using WyFi via a D Link Router
and DSL service.  As I prepare to do this, I Wonder how much of the "running
interference"/(using that phrase as a football, rather than a literal
problematic transmitting phrase,) in terms of settings etc, the app will
eliminate.
I've kind of held back from the whole echo link experience until I realized
there was a workable app for the Iphone/or in my case, the Ipod Touch, as I
really didn't want to fight constantly with the ins and outs off
computer-to-server-to-rig clashes and problems,/having had enough trouble
recently with crashing hard drives, outdated screne readers&Internet
software,  and other nutty problems.
Hopefully, _Maybe I'll be able to do an "end around run"/(Again, the
football rather than electronic phrase,)
and I'm looking forward to experimenting with Echolink, and to using the lil
Ipod in numbers of WYFi accessible places to interface with both the on air
and on line  ham radio community.
*[Of course, this dream may morf, or less descend into a night mare, but
that remains to be seen, said the blind ham.  ]
Any observations or suggestions you can offer, Will be Very Welcome.
Thanks, Danny Dyer, Wb4idu.