From:
"Alan R. Downing" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Aug 2013 12:57:36 -0700
A week or so ago, I mentioned my preference for commercial radios and HT's
over those intended for ham use.  Belt clips are another area where there is
no comparison in quality and durability.  Belt clips on my Motorola
HT-1250's and HT-1550's are made of very strong and thick reinforced
plastic, and are attached to the battery, and not a flimsy fake leather
case.  The entire back portion of the HT is the battery.  Several years ago,
a friend who sells and services Motorola radios, challenged me to break a
belt clip.  I actually leaned hard on the clip with a pry bar, a long common
screwdriver, and finally a zero-impact mallet.  I never did break the belt
clip, the battery, or the HT's case.  They are really solid.

Alan R. Downing
Phoenix, AZ