From:
Michael Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Jan 2015 12:51:09 -0330
Alan:

How much input do you have on Stan's station construction project?
Microbit has the box that can control the Elecraft KPA-500, SPE Expert 1-KFA and the Acom 2000A amplifiers through a web based interface.
This box can also be configured to control a number of rotators as well. As for the radio, the remote rig supports the Yaesu twins,
This is a pair of FT-450Ds, all the way up to the FTDX-9000MP but I'm not sure if your in the market for 1 of those as you'd need 1 at your QTH.
You could also do what I did and have a remote rig box at your qth, a PC running HRD with your external speaker, deskmic or headset and CW paddles connected to this box beside your PC.
Keep in mind though your limited to what HRD can do, direct frequency entry, S-9/Freq/Mode read out and band changes but no shift and width control.
You can also use an FT-450D to control the 9000MP as well, you could go that root to have an actual VFO for your fingers but again you'd be limited to the 450, no duel watch that sort of thing.
So perhaps both of you can get an Elecraft K-3 setup with you going halves on it and you'd have the remote head at your QTH or just grab a used FT-450.
I'd certainly do it again if had the bucks. LOL and may yet if I can hide in our future mortgage. LOL

73:
Mike DE VO1AX

P S
the link: