From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Jan 2013 23:30:38 -0700
lol, I find all of this kind of amusing.
Because, it's like saying, oh my god, my Fridge, or stove, or my toilet is
under attack from the  chinese, russians and iran.
That there is a silent, yet deadly war going on behind the scenes and
without my knowing that threatens my whole way of life and my very existents
because someone might hack my computer.
How far we have come that we consider our personal computers as so important
to our daily lives and our very civilization that we feel that someone
threatening or attacking it is terrorism or war like.
Give me a break, that's rediculous.
Yes, attacking major institutions of our society through their networks and
computer systems could be considered terror or war like, but come on, my
personal computer? so what if it some dude in china, russia, or iran hacks
it...it would be terribly stupid of me to keep information on my computer
that was valuable enough for such a person to harm me in any way shape or
form.
Being on the internet is not safe, never has been and never will be.  As
walking down a dark alley in the middle of the night in a bad neighborhood
isn't safe.  We know that.  We also know that most of the time, it is safe
like a well lit major street during the day is relatively safe to travel on.
Being an ignoramus and going on the internet and putting out a bunch of
personal information that could be used against you is silly and if someone
uses it, well, I guess your no longer an ignoramus are you.
I also always get a big kick out of this conspiracy theorizing about how our
government isn't telling us this or that.  My god, really? the government
isn't holding your hand and telling you every little thing that goes on in
the world? amazing, who'd have thunk it?  The government doesn't tell you
when to take a crap or when to blow your nose? that's awful!
I think I would be angry, and anoyed if I lost my computer tomorrow due to a
hack attack, but I don't think I'd feel threatened and start calling that an
act of terror or a declaration of war...unless of course I was trying to
excellerate my own political agenda or political views on the world.
I see no cyber war, except one that certain citizens of a certain country,
who are becoming paranoyed after attempting to rule the world for a bunch of
decades, are coming up with as just another point in the favor of the catch
all terrorism basket.
Or, one that is being waged by said country to create the idea of cyber
terror so that more control can be placed over the average citizens use of
the internet.  This being the more likely senario.

It's laughable, it's transparent, it's paranoyed and it's utterly rediculous
because of the entire premise it's based on.  It wouldn't be all those
things if it were true and actually based on something realistic and
practical and tangible.
Yeh, lets all blame the chinese, the russians and the iranians because they
are the evil nasty people out to get the US of A...when in reality, it's the
power figures in that good old U S of A who are creating this concept so
they can control the masses.  The people have too much access to
information, ideas and communication with each other for any ruling class to
be comfortable.  And how do they get all this access? Oh yes, through the
internet...the very thing we're being told is dangerous and evil and full of
terrorists and teaming with people waiting to pounce on the unsuspecting
american citizen just trying to check their emails!  So update your
security, with, let me guess, the FBI recommended programs which will have
easy access built into them for those who want to access your
computers...and no, I'm not talking about the chinese, russians and iranians
accessing them either.

I've said it before, I'll say it again, the US is becoming Orwellian more
and more every year, and no one seems to be getting it.

73
Colin, V A6BKX