From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Jul 2009 01:09:57 -0600
if you are interested in primarily weak signal work on 2M, 70CM and 1296,
then the icom 910 is the rig.
it is said to have one of the best ssb receivers for those bands on the
market.
If you want all bands, excluding 220 and 900MHZ, up to 1296, then the
ts2000X is the rig you want.
Both rigs will cost nearly the same when you are done.
So, unless you really need a higher performance ssb receiver on the VHF
bands, then go with the TS2000.
The kenwood TS2K has a very reputable ssb receiver on VHF and UHF already
and is considered to be one of the better ones out there, though as I said,
not quite as good on the noise floor as the IC910 from what i've heard.
It also has full accessibility of menus and settings with the vs3 installed.
And of course, it has everything down to 160 and has a wide band receiver.
It also has the double receiver capability.
much better radio for the money you want to spend and offers far more
features and accessibility then the IC910.
73
Colin, V A6BKX