From:
Steve Forst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Jul 2012 12:27:01 -0400
John,

It does use a modular jack for the mic and it is right next to the  jack
for the remote head.   The mic plug is larger and will never fit into
the remote jack, but I guess it is possible to force the smaller remote
plug into the mic jack,  but it probably won't lock in and would just
not feel right.

As has been suggested, maybe removing the VGS1 and see what happens.
Most of the time this stuff turns out to be  pilot error, but it sure is
aggravating.

73, Steve KW3A