From:
Steve Forst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 May 2013 22:28:56 -0400
While it is a piece of cake to update the firmware on the 590, a bit
more difficult on the 2000.   You have to open the case and either move
a dip switch, or change a jumper (I forget which).    I'm not sure I'd
try this  without sighted help.  Also, the  version doesn't speak, and
I'm not aware of  any software method to read firmware version (like in
the 590), so  you would need someone to read the version off the front
panel display.
Over the years, a number of people have had problems updating the 2000,
usually due to some comm port problem.  You should run the latest
version of firmware, but it isn't a 10 second, do it with your eyes
closed  kind of project.

73, Steve  KW3A