From:
"Alan R. Downing" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Aug 2013 13:25:02 -0700
For the long runs, from the shack out to the base of the tower say, for HF I
would use either half inch Andrew hardline, or something like LMR600 or
LMR900.  For jumpers, like for the rotor loops at the top of the tower, I
would use LMR600UF*ultraflex).  Generally connectors for that kind of power
are called 7/16 DIN connectors.  No one uses UHF(PL259) connectors for more
than perhaps 3KW.  Some guys use type N connectors for power, but type N
connectors make me nervous at high power levels because the center pin is
very small, much smaller even the center pin on PL259's.  UHF(PL259)
connectors are very poor because they aren't sealed against the weather, and
they don't maintain a 50 ohm impedance across the connector.

HTH

73
.

Alan R. Downing