From:
Michael Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Aug 2003 20:57:09 -0230
Hi all:

Is anyone familiar with the model of rotater mentioned in the subject line?
I'm interested in knowing if it can handle a Cushcraft A-3S tri-band or
similar type HF beam in a pretty good wind and icing condition.
I checked the EHam reviews but they more or less discussed the rotater it
self and not what they were turning with them.  Judging by that, the roter
is a pretty good one but would it handle my beam up here in NFLd?
Up here, Old Man Winter typically deals us 60/70MPH winds with
-10DGC/-20DGC temps with -25DGC-35DGC wind chills.  Not to mention the Snow
and icing conditions!  I contacted some dealers up here in Canada and they
recommended the G-800SA which is overkill for my needs.  I should have
figured out that a $580 rotater would be recommended over a $430 one.

73 to all:
Michael VO1RYN