From:
Michael Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Jan 2016 15:56:01 -0330
Jim:

I hope that braille displays aren't the overall objective. I agree that it would be nice to have full accessibility out of the box but I think outside of Kenwood its going to take the 3RD party developers to spearhead this and the easier root is accessible software. I for 1 would welcome an accessible software interface as most of us have a computer in the shack. Software will be the way to go but I don't know why Kenwood can fully accessibility in the form of a hardware chip and others can't, it escapes me. Perhaps its Kenwood careing about the issue where the others really don't but are willing in the case of TT let a 3RD party developer take care of that low market nish.
On the braille side, I'm not about to pay 2000CAN for a braille display for accessing a ham radio considering where braille is these days. I don't know about the United States but there are provinces in Canada that offer grants for technology but my province is still 30 years behind the times with disability programs. So hopefully a software program can be of focus here.
Just my spue and keep up the good work Jim, I haven't used your software yet but perhaps I might pull out my 570 and see how well it works.

73:
Mike DE VO1AX

Sent from BlueMail