From:
Jim Shaffer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jim Shaffer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Aug 2013 09:58:36 -0500
I'm curious as to how many folks on this list use a braille display with
their computer?  I use the 40 cell display from my Packmate to read my
transceiver's output, and find it far and away preferable to speech.  I can
turn the dial and watch the frequency change simultaneously, getting
essentially the same feedback as a sighted operator.  It also shows the
meter value.

I'm using home brew MS Windows software now that monitors my rig, and
provides logging capabilities that include country identification, a search
facility, and import/export via ADIF.  Currently though, my logging isn't
suitable for contests, just normal QSOs.

Are there many on this list that would get use out of such software?
--
Jim Shaffer, KE5AL