From:
Richard Fiorello <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Jul 2009 21:34:24 -0400
Hi;
Just looking at the alpha delta info and since the dxdd and dxcc seem to be about the same price why would you go with the dxdd?  Is there some advantage on 80 meters?
Also I have to measure but if this is possible it would basically be a flat top with nothing holding the center.  Any suggestions as to light coax?
Also one end attaches to a tree.  I have heard all the stories about throwing rocks, using a bow etc but what method has worked for people?  I could invite my friendly tree trimmer over but once he scampers up the tree how best to attach some rope?
The other end would have to attach to a chimney mount also used for 2 meters.  I wonder if the weight and pull of the antenna might give me a chimney problem?  I don't want falling bricks in January.
This is very much in the thinking stage so any input appreciated.
Richard