Date:
Fri, 12 Mar 2004 15:28:29 -0600

BO wrote,
   >Richard the remote base way of doing echolink does not have the
   >problem you talk about.  The receiver of the repeater does not have
   >a signal on it so any dtmf tone would be heard by the repeater.  I
   >ran my echolink for a while like that .  If your repeater as a
   >control receiver on it that also would be able to turn off the
   >remote base.
I've seen a couple of implementations around here where the echolink
node was on the regular repeater frequency and to me it's just a pain
in the nether regions when a couple of lids hog your local repeater
for a local qso half the world away and you want to call somebody.

73 de nf5b

Richard Webb

Electric Spider Productions

--- Benjamin Franklin, NOvember 1755 from the
Historical review of Pennsylvania