From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 May 2007 10:14:54 -0400
It depends on your budget and what bands you want to get on. A good 2 meter
hand held is the Kenwood THK2AT, if you want more than just duel band,
honestly, if you stick with Kenwood, you can't go wrong. Icom's not too bad
for accessibility either, but Kenwood definitely is the best over all. Many,
if not most of us have Kenwood hand held and/or mobile radios so can help
you out if you have any questions. I've had or used most of them at 1 point
or another. Some day I will have tried them all I think.