From:
Stephen Ferguson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Jan 2004 14:46:47 -0500
To:  Tom, Buddy, Mke, Dave, Matthew and all in the on the list:
    Thanks for the warm welcome.  It is nice to have a group which will chat
back to you, which this group seems to be.  Just a bit about myself,
particullarly ham wise.  Am 52, and live in the  Staunton, VA area.  Have
been a ham since about 1985, always being involved, but getting into
different areas as my interest and time varied.  I  have always tried to
keed a shack set up for HF and 2m/440 operation.  Currently I have an Icom
706 MK II G with Carolina Window Short style antenna.  I also am interest in
QRP operation and have a Yaesu 817 and a variety of "portable" antennas.
Sometimes operate from Scout Camp when there for summer camp with the scout
troop.  Ham operation is my "getaway" when I want to keep out of the way of
the rest of the family.
   Buddy, Ya I teach O&M for the state agency here.  I 2 meters while I
drive around, and have done similiar to what you were talking about.  I did
encourage one of my former students in Bristol, VA to become a ham and he
did.  Some may show interest in future.
   Well I won't make this to long.  Does anyone else use an Icom 706 MKIIG,
I need to ask a question or two, but don't want to bore the group...all for
now... 73's

Steve Ferguson/N4PKJ