From:
Howard Kaufman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Apr 2012 00:22:36 -0500
Linda, don't give up, oddly enough this is the fun part of ham radio, Its
not working things, but getting things to work.  Since you are not the only
ham with coclier implants, somebody else has seen this.  I wonder how far he
had to go before the noise level dropped?  a piece of coax and an antenna
might solve this.  Since everybody is having trouble with the club repeater,
that can't be used is an evaluation of your problem.  Now, since everybody
in the car was having trouble with noise, it sounds like changing radios
won't solve the problem.  I wonder what a field strength meter would show?