From:
colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Jan 2011 11:40:15 -0700
there sure is...put your lips up to the mike and talk loud...that'll solve
all the low audio issues.
I know the TMV7A and subsequent radios in that line can be adjusted through
the service menu for louder audio, but I don't know about the 707.
I've found that reming out the hole in the plastic mike body in front of
where the microphone cartridge is located helps quite allot with the kenwood
rigs.
That is one of the only complaints I have with most kenwood radios, is that
their tx audio is set low from the factory compared with similar yaesu and
Icom radios.
The HT's suffer from the same plite.
Even radios like the ts2000 are wimpy on FM with the stock microphone or one
of the after market hand mikes...even with the fm tx level set on high.

73
Colin, V A6BKX