From:
Chip Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 26 Apr 2010 17:45:35 -0600
Hi Phil,
Great story! Wow! I feel like a newby. I got my novice call (kb9bvi) in
1988. First rig was a TS-820 and, by that time, novices could operate
phone on 10 so I remember making lots of SSB contacts with an antron-99
vertical. As I recall, there were a lot of openings to Europe at that
time. I need to get that rig running again. I remember using a
Radioshack DX-400 to keep track of what frequency I was on. I still have
the audio tuning aide I used to tune the rig. Great memories.