From:
Jim Gammon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Dec 2015 18:10:11 -0800
Dave, I also use an ALS 600 amf which I got used and like very
much.  I would  like more information about the MFJ-998 tuner.
HRO recommended me not to buy that one so I ended up with an
LDG-AT600 which I used for 5 minutes and found it not very blind
friendly because it used a series of LED's on the front panel.  I
think they also said the quality control of the MFJ product was
not very good so I am tunerless at least when I use the amp.
Fortunately, the amp as you know has good protection against too
high an SWR so it just clicks off if it doesn't like the signal
coming back down the coax.  Would like to hear more of your
observations about the MFJ-998 tuner.  What is the price for it?
Thanks and 73, Jim WA6EKS