From:
"Mike Duke, K5XU" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 May 2015 20:16:22 -0400
Those domestic terrorist nets are pretty scary sometimes, and sometimes
they can be rather amusing. the scariest thing about them is how
seriously they take themselves.

My first encounter with that type of group occurred at about the time
the two individuals who were convicted in the Oklahoma City bombing
case were to be executed. They ranted for days about what their group
would do if "that government kills those boys.."

One of the primary ranters, who, as Phil described, had a signal which
was disproportionately louder than everybody else, took to the air one
evening and declared that since the FCC had challenged his license, he
had told them exactly where they could put that license, and that he
would keep right on operating without one.

He did it too. Initially on the ham bands, later on various pirate
radio hang outs and other frequencies that he simply claimed for his own use.

Does anyone else here admit to remembering the name Steve Anderson?
That is the person I am writing about. He would open his rantcast each
night with the song "From My Cold Dead Hand," and close it with
Tennessee Ernie Ford's recording of "Onward Christian Soldiers." He
would regularly read the contact information for patriot militia groups
in each state. I was told by someone who I felt knew what they were
talking about, that most of the militia groups had tried to distance
themselves from him.

His propaganda career ended one day when he took some shots at a county
sheriff, and said sheriff returned the fire.

Anderson was not killed, but managed to escape the pursuit for a
surprisingly long time. Eventually he was caught, and was sent to a
federal prison somewhere. Atlanta, I think.

--
Mike Duke, K5XU