From:
Pat Byrne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Jul 2012 18:14:18 -0500
I believe that realistically any of the tranceivers discussed in the
past few days will do a fine job for nearly all of us.  There are
better, more expensive choices but unless you are really in to DX or
contesting you won't notice a bit of difference.  Most of us with
moderate to good wire antennaes will be well served with any of the
mid-priced Kenwood or Icom or Yaesu rigs, as well as the Elekraft
line of equipment.  It comes down to accessibility or other personal choices.
So lets just run 'em and enjoy!