From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Dec 2001 19:21:33 -0500
IC-706 is both,  it takes some getting used to,  not a lot but a little
getting used to, but as far as I know, that is the smallest and most
accessible one and I love mine!  I don't use mine mobile a lot, I mainly use
it in the camper but I could and would use ti mobiel if there was any 1
vehicle I rode in. I actually have the 706MK2 but they are coming down in
price so far the mk2g isn't a bad choice and that is HF, 6, 2, and 440, mine
is HF, 6, and 2,   that is plenty for me though.  Real good little radio,
some parts of the radio liek some menues you really have to get used to but
there are longer beeps when you come from the last option to the first so as
long as you know which menu option is what, it is useable enough that you
can manage. That is the only real HF mobile I know of with the voice option,
it will be a long time before I get rid of mine.