From:
KK4AHX Darren Duff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Dec 2012 08:01:12 -0500
Good morning!

Before I get the kenwood today I wanted to ask a question about pl tones and
ctcss tones. What is the difference? And if you program in a pl tone do you
need to worry about the ctcss? I feel silly asking this question but I think
programming the wouxun radio has confused me!  When I would program in a
repeater in the wouxun, I would program in the ctcss tone (menu 16) and that
would be it. But it looks like the kenwood has pl, and ctcss and dcs.
Someone please refresh my memory! Lol!

Thanks.

73.
Darren Duff.