From:
Tom Behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Feb 2014 14:23:19 -0500
Richard:

Check your power supply voltage if you can.

I have found that with the TS480, and especially the 590, if the voltage is
even slightly lower than 13 volts, the rig folds back, and output power
drops significantly.

Also, are you using a TW1 to measure your power?  If so, I have found the
TW1 to be rather inaccurate, especially on the lower bands.

The SWR/power meter on my TS590 seems to do a much better job of telling me
what's really going on.

Tom Behler: KB8TYJ