From:
Doug and Sheilla Emerson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Oct 2013 15:23:31 -0700
Well, Mike, I like the radio. The only thing is, it has more audio than
you're going to need if you use it as a base rig. It's wonderful in the
mobile. Our local club, of which I'm president of, has a 220 machine which
is alwayse linked to our 2 meter box. I have that frequency programmed into
memory channel one. That's how I know I'm in channel one and move up or down
from there. If you use the buttons on the mic, you can hear the "beep" as
you go up and down in memory. It's a higher pitched beep when you go up, a
lower pitched one when going down. I really don't know just how good the
receive is because I use an indoor antenna with it. I'm sorry I don't know
what receive coverage is. I have yet to have someone read the manual for me.
I bought the Jetstream because the Alinco 220 radio is a bit more pricey
than the Jetstream is. When you're on a fixed income, that sort of thing
tends to count a bit more than you want it to. 73. Doug