From:
Steve Forst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Oct 2013 18:10:47 -0400
As you've seen from others,  the VIP from talkingthermostats.com is the
way to go.  There are several models depending on if you are running a
standard system, heat pump, or some other configuration.

All controls speak and  it will talk you through the programing steps.
  comes with and audio cd of the instruction manual.   Fully battery
powered and uses no power from the system.  4 double A batteries last me
2 years.   No  RF ever gets into the unit 160 - 10 meters  up to a KW.

73, Steve KW3A