From:
Tom Behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Dec 2015 16:06:49 -0500
Jim:

I know the feeling about the joy of being on 160 meters for the first time!

My first time was in the Fall of  2010, when I bought a quarter-wave
half-sloper at a local swap.

That antenna is still up and is the one I have used on that band ever since.

Whenever I do 160-meter CW contests, I limit my power to 100 watts, and am
still amazed with what I can do with that simple and somewhat inadequate
antenna!

Certainly one of my 160 meter highlights was working a Z L station early one
morning during one of the contests back in 2011 or 2012.

It's amazing what one can do with simple wire antennas!

I'll be interested now to see what you are able to do in future 160-meter
contests.

Isn't this one of the truly fun aspects of this hobby!

Tom Behler: KB8TYJ