From:
Tom Behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 May 2012 22:13:44 -0400
Hello, all.

I remember bringing this up once before on the list, but I think the problem
might be getting worse, so it may be time to do something.

Specifically, the mic connector in my TS590 now seems to be  looser than it
was when I initially acquired the rig.  The pins themselves do not seem to
be loose, but the connector simply seems to be loose inside the housing.
It's almost like the nut or whatever that holds the connector in place is
loose, and simply needs to be tightened.

Has anyone looked at the mic connector to tell how it is fastened?  I think
it should be fairly accessible if you take the bottom  cover off of the rig,
but I certainly don't want to do this if things are more complicated.

I suppose I could send the rig in to have this checked, but it seems like an
awful lot of money to spend for what appears to be such a simple problem.

The rig is almost 2 years old now, so it is well out of warranty.

I'd be interested in any thoughts my fellow TS590 owners have.

73 from Tom Behler: KB8TYJ