From:
Tom Behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Jan 2016 21:12:38 -0500
Hello again, everyone.

Even though I have not met most of you personally, I consider the members of
this list to be some of my most cherished friends.  So, I hope this e-mail
is not felt to be too off topic for the list.  I guess I classify what I'm
about to say as something that we might share on a round table, a net, or
one of those nice long rag-chew QSOS that don't happen nearly as often as
they used to.

Anyway, I wanted to let everyone know that tomorrow, I will be starting my
last semester of full-time University teaching, leading up to my retirement
this coming May. .  I have been in academia for 34 years;  26 at Ferris
State University in Michigan;  and 8 years at other institutions.

Though my teaching career has been highly successful and productive, I think
it is time for me to step aside and let those who are younger take over and
carry things forward to future generations.

As for my plans after my retirement in May, I have all sorts of ideas:  lots
more time for ham radio;  more time to work with adaptive technology and
accessibility concerns;  more time to spend with our son, his family, and
the grand-kids who now live about an hour away;  more time for RV camping;
and more time for just reading, relaxing, and enjoying the next chapter of
my life.

All of this is not to say that I won't entertain the possibility of some
sort of part-time work along the way. . The need to pursue that option will
be determined as I proceed, and as various opportunities emerge.

It's all a bit scary, but very exciting as well, and I'll certainly keep
everyone posted as I enter into this next life stage.

If you want to respond privately, rather than cluttering up the list, feel
free to write to me at:

Tom Behler: KB8TYJ