From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Apr 2006 07:40:08 -0600
that is what i thought.
When i check power on 20meters, with a dipole that has a perfect 1 to 1
match, the power rating is around 97 watts out of the ts2000.
If i check it on another antenna, which shows about a 1.7 to one match on 20
meters, the power is suddenly around 101 or 103 watts.
Theoretically, power reduces as impedance increases, at least, power to the
antenna, but for some reason, the watt meter doesn't see things like
that...perhaps because of where it is in the string of components....if it
was right at the feedpoint of the antenna, it would probably decrease with a
higher match...but because its at the transmitter, it increases...just a
thought probably not accurate.
73
Colin, V A6BKX