From:
Steve Forst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Jan 2016 17:03:20 -0500
If accessibility is the main factor, it's the 590 hands down.    Good
performance, and  a lot of voice feedback from the voice board (even
more than the 480).  Also no optional filters  needed.

Of course cost or something else  may     make another radio more
attractive.

The Elecraft radios also have their  blind adherents,   but  cost is a
bit more and may not b best choice for a new General.

I currently own a 2000, 480, and a pair of 590's.  The 590 is currently
the best bang for the buck in a very accessible HF rig.

73,Steve KW3A