From:
"Mike Duke, K5XU" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Duke, K5XU
Date:
Thu, 13 Dec 2012 19:33:06 -0600
I too have used Jump Start batteries, but I have never used them to
run my TMV71, or any other rig greater than 25 watts output.

What you have to watch out for is that you do not run the voltage of
the battery down too low during use. Doing so will damage the battery.

You won't notice this lower voltage in receive mode until it is much
too low.

There are numerous little circuits to monitor the voltage, but none of
them unfortunately are accessible as far as I know. I have been
intending to suggest to at least one garage manufacturer of such
gadgets that they consider including a microwave type beeper that
could be switched into the circuit to sound whenever the low voltage
LED flashes. I just haven't gotten around to doing that yet.

I will make one more comment in a separate message in order to keep
this one from being too long.

K5XU