From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Aug 2006 13:53:07 -0600
the heil gold line is definitely an all around good microphone.
It makes nearly any radio sound pretty good.

If you go for one of the heil mikes, make sure you get something that has
the HC5 cartridge in it, it has wide dynamic range, whereas the HC4 is very
narrow and designed for cutting through noise for DX purposes.
The mike that has both the HC4 and HC5 in it with a switch is probably your
best bet, that way you can have the best, and worst, of both worlds.

For max dynamic range, you want to leave your tx EQ on off as well...all the
other settings will only take away frequencies from the flat norm, they do
not add anything to your audio.
73
Colin, V A6BKX